Established in 1964, AB is the world’s first internal comms agency. Today, it is a leading player in its field when measured by brand reputation, client profile and its leading-edge solutions.
Its mission over five decades has remained the same – building great organisations from the inside out. AB works with some of the ambitious and complex organisations on the planet, including KPMG, the LEGO Group, Amazon and Kimberly-Clark.
It helps clients define and analyse their internal audiences; develop effective internal comms strategies aligned to corporate objectives; create campaigns and content for multi-channel environments; and measure the effectiveness of internal communication. It is also a key player in advancing the internal comms profession.
With ambitious plans for growth, underpinned by strategic business targets, there is now an exciting opportunity to join AB's team as Account Director to play a central role in its future success.
The account director oversees a portfolio of local and global clients, leading the delivery of work and managing the development of accounts. They are responsible for long-term growth objectives at client-level, ensuring projects are effectively resourced, client satisfaction remains high, and our team is empowered to deliver excellent work.
Reporting to the client services director, the account director line managers an account manager, with the potential to grow the team further as revenue continues to build. In this capacity, the account director has responsibility for developing professional development plans for each direct report, as well as managing performance reviews with the assistance of the client services director.
Collaboration is at the heart of the account director role. They are responsible for building client briefs and working with colleagues in creative, strategic and operational roles to develop a shared understanding of the objectives and create high-level delivery plans for every piece of work. They use their knowledge of the client to feed into resourcing and forecasting decision-making.
The account director is accountable for ensuring their clients have a positive experience of working with AB, from pitch to delivery to long-term relationship management. To make this happen, they offer practical guidance to team members during delivery and escalate issues to the client services director accordingly.
Not only do they have exceptional commerciality and budget management skills; they are also able to use a consideration of evolving organisational trends and sales tactics to make strategic recommendations for account growth at key business planning milestones.
The account director uses experience of working with complex organisations across multiple sectors, including within consultancy environments, to become a trusted strategic advisor to AB’s clients.
- Growing revenue by developing an exceptional understanding of our clients’ organisations – their strategic goals, competitive marketplace, and aspirations – and applying a strategic approach to relationship management
- Client forecasting and revenue reporting, advising the AB senior management team on new opportunities or resource requirements
- Overseeing the development and management of client development plans
- Ensuring consistency and quality across AB’s account management processes (‘the AB way’), ensuring clients feel supported and expectations are managed throughout the client lifecycle
- Acting as the first point of escalation for client concerns or new opportunities
- Directing client-specific onboarding processes for new employees and new projects, helping to create and reinforce shared goals across teams Reviewing and approving client briefs, project plans, proposals, budgets, and reports, using feedback to develop account managers’ skills
- Overseeing profitability at job and client level, offering quarterly reports and recommendations based on trends
- Contributing to new business strategies and directing pitch response teams
- Leading presentations and pitches to clients
- Helping to drive the importance of client-centricity across the organisation, sharing thought-leadership and ideas with the wider AB team.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a senior communications role at, or for, a complex multi-national organisation for 2+ years
- Demonstrable experience of revenue growth through strategic account management
- Confidence in communicating with stakeholders at all levels, with a strong working knowledge of corporate structures and challenges associated with C-suite audiences
- Client budgeting and quarterly financial reporting expertise, with a working knowledge of account management tools and processes
- At least 2 years’ line management experience, with strong mentoring attributes
- The ability to manage complex timelines, prioritise tasks and remain calm under pressure Exceptional presentation skills
- The ability to inspire and energise cross-functional teams.
To apply please send CV to: email@example.com