** SEARCH CONCLUDED ** MEDIA & CONTENT MANAGER - UCFB
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Global Marketing and Communications
POST OBJECTIVES: To manage the businesses media and communications strategy including digital and print content, PR, internal comms and external media liaison.
LOCATION: Manchester plus opportunity for remote working.
University Campus of Football Business & Global Institute of Sport University Campus of Football Business (UCFB) is a world first in sports education. Proudly the UK’s fastest-growing higher education institution since our launch in 2011, UCFB’s campuses are based at the iconic Wembley Stadium and Etihad Stadium. This role is to be based at the Piccadilly Manchester corporate offices.
In 2020, UCFB launched the Global Institute of Sport (GIS), our new destination for Master’s degrees and executive education in the UK, online and at inspirational stadium hubs at Inter Miami CF Stadium, New York’s Red Bull Arena, Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Toronto’s BMO Field and the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia.
Our collaborations with elite sports organisations allow us to lead the field in producing the next generation of sports graduates. Partners include The Football Association, Kick It Out, the League Managers Association, the National League and the Rugby Football League domestically, as well as our global hub partners in the USA, Canada and Australia.
Our award-winning team
This position for a highly ambitious individual would see the successful candidate join an exciting team that won Best Non-Match Day Use of Venue at the Sports Business Awards, Best Sponsorship & Engagement at the Northwest Football Awards and was shortlisted for Team of the Year at both the Marketing Week Awards and Times Higher Education Leadership & Management Awards.
Although the basics of the role are described here, we will be looking for energy, values and commitment to both our organisation and to your career. Our recruitment process will be rigorous and demanding, as will this role within a high performing department. In return, we can offer honesty, integrity and the chance to progress in the organisation as quickly as you develop within it.
We are looking for a creative, detailed, focused and driven Media and Content Manager to join us, to help us to achieve our ambitious targets. You will have extensive experience of traditional media including, copywriting, proofing as well as an eye for content production across various mediums, particularly video. Understanding the latest trends in media content and comsumption, ensuring each project is targeted to our key audience.
You will understand the power and reach of a robust PR strategy, with the ability to create and execute it. Utulising your network of sports/industry media contacts to ensure UCFB/GIS are positioned as the best sports business education provider in the UK and in the future, globally. Thriving on the challenge of gaining exposure for the business in new global territories.
You will lead on all internal comms ensuring the highest standards and accuracy, as well as implementing a consistency across the various sources and channels. The successful applicant will have high levels of confidence in order to represent the business internally and externally, you will be able to provide media training and support to our board and ELT as required.
You will manage a team of 3, 2x Content Producers (1 Senior) and a Communications Executive.
- To manage the delivery of all written content for UCFB/GIS, including regular reporting and writing of news articles and publications.
- To devise and execute an effective PR strategy to maximise positive exposure for UCFB/GIS.
- Help to develop the global marcomms strategy for the expansion of GIS programs.
- Provide media training to necessary internal staff.
- Manage the Content Producers to ensure a consistent level of high-quality output.
- Act as first point of contact for all external media enquiries.
- Develop a house media style to be integrated into the businesses brand guidelines.
- To adhere to strict UCFB/GIS and partner brand guidelines and maintain a clear and consistent writing style.
- To liaise with the Marketing team to upload regular content to the UCFB website using the Umbraco platform.
- Support the Marketing team with social media copy creation and proofing.
- To liaise with the Digital Marketing team to ensure that all website copy is kept up-to-date and consistent with publication copy.
- To lead the team and support an ongoing training plan.
Please apply by sending your CV together with a short covering note to email@example.com Alternatively, please email Daryl to arrange a call to discuss the position.
Closing date for applications: 12th November 2021