** SEARCH CONCLUDED ** INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS - BRITISH KARATE FEDERATION
With Karate making its Olympic debut at the Tokyo 2020 Games, the British Karate Federation Ltd has become a recipient of the new UK Sport Aspiration Fund.
The British Karate Federation Ltd (BKFL) is a membership not for profit organisation comprising of the 4-home country National Governing Bodies (NGB’s) of Karate in England, Scotland, Wales & N. Ireland and is the body responsible for ensuring delivery of Great Britain’s Olympic Programme.
The BKFL is the National Federation for Karate in Great Britain and recognised as such by the World Karate Federation (WKF) the International Karate Federation for Karate as recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
BKFL’s vison is to achieve consistent podium performances at all World Championships and Olympic Games, to support and develop our national team athletes and coaches by providing them with the best possible training environment.
The BKFL, through partnership and collaborative working with its performance staff, aims to provide British athletes with the best possible chance of success at the highest level in Karate.
BKFL is committed to compliance with the UK Sport Code of Good Governance and is now looking to recruit and appoint 3 Independent Directors. (1 Senior Independent Director and 2 Independent Directors) whose responsibilities include:
- To attend board meetings of BKFL (4-6 per year)
- To constructively challenge Board decision making from a neutral and independent perspective
- Provide entrepreneurial leadership of the organisation within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed
- Help develop proposals on strategy
- Satisfy themselves on the integrity of BKFL financial information
- Constantly seek to establish and maintain confidence in the conduct of the organisation
- Have an enquiring mind and be independent in judgement
- Uphold the highest ethical standards of integrity and probity
- Question intelligently, debate constructively and decide dispassionately
Three independent NED positions are being recruited, one of which will be a Senior INED. To provide a breadth of skills across the Board it is anticipated that the candidates will have one of the following areas of experience and knowledge:
- One Independent NED with commercial or marketing skills
- One Independent NED with legal and governance skills
- One Independent NED with finance/ accounting skills
Candidates should possess an interest in sport and be enthusiastic about assisting a new governing body, to develop the strategy and governance to help develop the performance credentials of the sport. The term is for three years (with a possible 2 x three-year additional terms). The time required will vary but Board members should be able to contribute to the further development of the organisation. Candidate applications from both within and outside of sport are most welcome, with the emphasis on independent Board skills.
Independent directors may be appointed for a maximum of 3 terms of 3 years and duties require approximately 7-12 days per annum. This is a voluntary position which is not remunerated other than for the reimbursement of travel expenses to attend board meetings and events.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The British Karate Federation Ltd (BKFL) recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. It is the policy of BKFL to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. The organisation is committed not only to its legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of appointments and/or employment.
To Apply: Please send your curriculum vitae and a covering note to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5th August 2019.