** SEARCH CONCLUDED ** INDEPENDENT DIRECTORS - SKATEBOARD GB
Are you passionate about sport and want to support British skateboarders to qualify for the 2020 Olympic Games?
Skateboard GB is a newly formed organisation, established by the home nations from across Britain; Skateboard:NI, Skateboard England and Skateboard Scotland. The organisation’s purpose is to act as a vehicle to select, prepare and manage the GB Skateboarding Team and in doing so, implement the smooth and effective delivery of the UK Sport Aspiration Fund award in supporting GB skateboarders to qualify for the 2020 Olympic Games.
Skateboard GB is seeking an Independent Non-Executive Director who can support the establishment of this exciting new organisation and lead on Performance Sport. Specifically, the role is to support the establishment and implementation of an appropriate talent pathway and world class performance programme and to provide expertise for applications for funding to drive the programme.
The successful candidate will be expected to meet the definition of independence outlined in A Code for Sports Governance and The Principles of Good Governance in Sport and Recreation.
Two independent NED positions are being recruited, one of which will be a Senior INED. To provide a breadth of skills across the Board it is anticipated that the candidates will have the following areas of experience and knowledge:
- One Independent NED with performance sport experience. Previous experience of sport talent pathways and performance programmes, a working knowledge and understanding of UK Sport and/or home country sports councils, together with experience of writing successful funding applications to UK Sport and/or other public bodies is essential for this position.
- One Senior Independent NED with governance/finance experience. Previous experience with Investment Management / Accountancy & Finance and Governance is essential for this position.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- The successful candidate will be a strong leader who recognises how sport and physical activity contributes to society and the health and wellbeing of individuals.
- As Skateboard GB is a new organisation, the successful candidate will ideally be someone with experience of a new business and building a team to support it.
- Previous Board experience would be desirable. However, applications from candidates who have not previously served in a board role but who can demonstrate the skills and competencies necessary to contribute to Skateboard GB are welcomed.
- Knowledge of Skateboarding is not an essential requirement for the role.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com
- Salary: Voluntary (expenses paid)
- Location: Flexible
- Contract type: Volunteer (Part time)
- The deadline for applications is 8th August 2019
- Please submit a CV with supporting covering letter which demonstrates your suitability for the role.
- Skateboard GB is committed to recruiting a diverse, skills-based board, and encourages applications from people from under-represented populations.