** SEARCH CONCLUDED ** HEAD OF PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT - TABLE TENNIS ENGLAND
- To lead system change that sets the culture for the high performance environment across England and Great Britain with an unambiguous focus to achieve Olympic medal success
- To set, and monitor, the standards for players and coaches at pathway and performance level
- To lead the design and delivery of a national curriculum to set, and monitor, the standards for players and coaches at pathway and performance level
- To oversee an integrated development pathway for players and coaches, that underpins Performance Development, and aligns to the purpose of developing future champions and world class coaches
- To build positive and mutually beneficial relationships with key partners including UK Sport, EIS, BOA and the National Associations
This role is made for someone who is hungry, ambitious, driven and wanting to lead transformational change. This is a real opportunity to shape the ‘start, potential and podium’ environment, providing inspirational and visionary leadership to players and coaches and lead the performance narrative across the wider table tennis family. The Head of Performance Development will be responsible, and accountable, for creating the environment to achieve future World and Olympic success with an aim to become one of the most respected nations in the world for player and coach development. The Head of Performance Development will have the capability to establish and lead a culture across a team that nurtures a diverse team of players, coaches, people, and leaders where success can inspire more people to play, and watch, table tennis and support the impact that sport can have on our everyday lives.
These will include:
- Chief Executive and Senior Leadership Team
- Table Tennis England Board
- Great Britain Table Tennis Board
- Home Nation Associations
- British Olympic Association
- UK Anti-Doping
- Higher Education
- Director of Performance at UK Sport
- Design and deliver a Performance Development programme capable of winning Olympic medals
- Assume a key leadership role across the Performance Development team, aligning players, coaches and staff to the strategic outcomes and priorities of Table Tennis England, establishing a culture that inspires, and enables, world class success
- Provide leadership to align Table Tennis England’s pathway to the England performance programme and empower the Pathway Development Manager and the coaching team to develop, implement and evolve activity to support continual improvement at every stage of the pathway
- Ensure that robust operational delivery plans for GB and England that underpin the strategy are developed, agreed and implemented.
- Work across internal departments to establish an integrated, seamless, and respected system that builds sustainable and repeated success
- Publish the performance standards, and how these will be achieved, that will deliver transformational change at high performance level
- Grow the number of English players with the capability to transition into the Great Britain performance programme
- Ensure the England pathway, and other home nation pathways, align to the Great Britain Performance Programme
- Develop a team of world class coaches
- Act as Team Leader for the Commonwealth Games for England, European Games and Olympic Games and any other identified major championship
- Lead the development of major funding bids (e.g. to UK Sport) to access the resources necessary to deliver across the Performance Development objectives.
- Maintain excellent relationships with key funders and stakeholders, identifying forthcoming policies, approaches and trends and ensuring that Great Britain Table Tennis and Table Tennis England derives maximum benefit from these to support its strategic objectives.
- Lead the selection for all senior England representative teams at relevant events
- Lead the selection for the Great Britain Table Tennis teams at relevant events
- Lead the selection for players to the Great Britain Performance Programme
- Develop safe, effective, inclusive, high performing cultures across the pathway and ensure that effective talent development takes place whilst safeguarding the physical and mental health of players, coaches, volunteers, and staff and supporting their development as a person.
- Ensure there are continuously innovative and progressive development programmes for coaches, and support teams which are well-defined and consistently delivered to ensure the inclusive provision of the highestcalibre people throughout the Performance Development system
- Ensure that there are effective policies, processes, and activities in place to quality assure, manage, educate, and inspire deliverers across all stages of the Performance Development system
- Relevant equivalent experience in a high performance role
- An extensive technical background in player and coach development across high performance sport with demonstrable success of improving performances
- A background and considerable recent experience of successfully leading a team operating in the area of talent and performance development in sport
- Demonstrable background of designing and implementing performance strategies
- Track record of leading organisational change in people development and influencing senior colleagues, up to Board level
- Experience of working in a multi stakeholder organisation
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A passion for establishing a high performing, collaborative culture and strong a commitment to the delivery of wellbeing, excellence and quality
- An understanding of coaching, sport science and medicine, international competition and talent pathways
- A thorough understanding of effective and inclusive talent development pathways
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Change management capability with the ability to successfully embed change that improves organisational performance
- Outstanding stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven ability to effectively coach, influence, delegate and persuade at all levels of the organisation
- Relevant equivalent experience in a high performance role
- A commitment to and deep understanding of the issues around safeguarding young people and athlete, coach and staff welfare in the sports performance environment
- Ability to regularly travel nationally and internationally
Link to Candidate Briefing Document:https://www.tabletennisengland.co.uk/vacancies/table-tennis-england-head-of-performance-development/
Interested candidates should apply by sending your CV and a brief covering letter to: email@example.com
If you would like to arrange a call regarding the role, please contact Daryl Mason on the above email address.
Closing date for applications is 12pm, Friday 3 February 2023
Table Tennis England welcomes applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, colour, sex, marital status, religion, ethnic origin, nationality, disability or sexual orientation.