** SEARCH CONCLUDED ** HEAD OF PEOPLE (Part-Time) - TABLE TENNIS ENGLAND
- As a senior leader in Table Tennis England, you will work alongside the SLT and Board to lead the delivery of a responsive, professional, and high quality People offering
- To lead the design and delivery of an organisation wide People strategy and outstanding HR support, placing people front and centre of the implementation of Table Tennis United
- To provide strategic leadership to deliver our People strategy in support of our strategy and redefine the policies and procedures needed to deliver it
KEY RELATIONSHIPS: These will include:
- Chief Executive and Senior Leadership Team
- Table Tennis England Board
- Great Britain Table Tennis Board
- British Para Table Tennis Board
- Senior leaders at Sport England and UK Sport
This role is made for a forward thinking, innovative, professional who seeks the scope of influence to contribute to transformational change. This is a real opportunity to shape the agenda as well as providing inspirational and visionary leadership support to those engaged in the delivery of our People ambitions.
It is a newly created role reporting to the Chief Executive but working across the Senior Leadership Team and through into the wider team to drive forward the change that will shape and develop our talent and culture.
This post requires someone with a passion and desire to join and be part of a dynamic, committed team, dedicated to the delivery of high quality people centred services.The postholder will have a proven track record of leading and supporting change, ensuring the highest quality Human Resources support to our team of staff and key volunteers.
At the same time the successfully appointed candidate will bring a fresh, forward-thinking, and collaborative approach to developing and driving high performance and innovative practice across our People strategy. Through your leadership and influence you will provide opportunities and support that reaches every single colleague across the areas of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion, Learning and Development, Organisational Development, Employee Relations, Workforce Planning, Workforce Information and Workforce Recruitment.
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: c25 hours per week
- Design and deliver a People strategy encompassing the Table Tennis team and the wider workforce
- Provide strategic and professional HR leadership to the Board, Chief Executive and SLT
- Ensure reward, people learning and development and performance management are encompassed within the People strategy
- Provide oversight to equality, diversity, and inclusion, ensuring this is embedded across the culture, strategy, and operation of Table Tennis England
- Provide inspirational people development to bring the best out of our team
- Ensure our People strategy is aligned to Table Tennis United, the annual implementation plans and embedded across the organisation
- Provide support to our wider workforce with their strategies to recruit, reward and develop their People
- Maintain high quality HR policies and processes which are fair and transparent and comply with all relevant legislation
- Continually review, innovate, and evolve our approach to people development and the support across our workforce
- Provide expert advice to leaders to enable them to identify and implement workforce modernisation including efficiency programmes which may impact on the workforce. This will include leading the identification of new ways of working, role redesign and improved performance systems that are people focused and improve delivery.
- Develop effective strategies and procedures which can identity and mitigate risks to workforce in relation to the attraction and retention of staff, devising new work programmes that are based on learning from what we currently have and celebrating best practice
- Relevant degree of equivalent experience in a strategic people development role
- A CIPD qualification would be desirable
- A track record of senior management experience in People development and HR
- Demonstrable background of designing and implementing people development strategies
- Track record of leading organisational change in people development and influencing senior colleagues, up to Board level
- Experience of working in a multi stakeholder organisation
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- A passion for people and growing workforce capability
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Change management capability with the ability to successfully embed change that improves organisational performance
- Outstanding stakeholder management and influencing skills
- A team player who is skilled to work across functions / teams
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and processes, including recruitment, talent management, reward, and recognition
- Organisation design and development skills that linked to strategy
- Personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust and respect from others
Link to Candidate Briefing Document:https://www.tabletennisengland.co.uk/vacancies/table-tennis-england-head-of-people/
Interested candidates should apply by sending your CV and a brief covering letter to: email@example.com
If you would like to arrange a call regarding the role, please contact Daryl Mason on the above email address.
Closing date for applications is 12pm, 20th January 2023
Table Tennis England welcomes applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, colour, sex, marital status, religion, ethnic origin, nationality, disability or sexual orientation.