** SEARCH CONCLUDED ** CREATIVE LEAD - UCFB
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Global Marketing and Communications
POST OBJECTIVES: Responsible for the creative output of the business. Leading on all design projects.
LOCATION: Manchester plus opportunity for remote working.
University Campus of Football Business & Global Institute of Sport University Campus of Football Business (UCFB) is a world first in sports education. Proudly the UK’s fastest-growing higher education institution since our launch in 2011, UCFB’s campuses are based at the iconic Wembley Stadium and Etihad Stadium. This role is to be based at the Piccadilly Manchester corporate offices.
In 2020, UCFB launched the Global Institute of Sport (GIS), our new destination for Master’s degrees and executive education in the UK, online and at inspirational stadium hubs at Inter Miami CF Stadium, New York’s Red Bull Arena, Atlanta’s Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Toronto’s BMO Field and the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia.
Our collaborations with elite sports organisations allow us to lead the field in producing the next generation of sports graduates. Partners include The Football Association, Kick It Out, the League Managers Association, the National League and the Rugby Football League domestically, as well as our global hub partners in the USA, Canada and Australia.
Our award-winning team
This position for a highly ambitious individual would see the successful candidate join an exciting team that won Best Non-Match Day Use of Venue at the Sports Business Awards, Best Sponsorship & Engagement at the Northwest Football Awards and was shortlisted for Team of the Year at both the Marketing Week Awards and Times Higher Education Leadership & Management Awards. Although the basics of the role are described here, we will be looking for energy, values and commitment to both our organisation and to your career.
UCFB and GIS are seeking an ambitious, creative and driven Creative Lead with an apetite to grow and progress their career. The Creative Lead will manage the Senior Graphic Designer and Graphic Designer and offer clear leadership and direction as well as working towards a structured development pathway. The role will be responsible for leading on production of all creatve and design content for UCFB and GIS. Working in close collaboration with the Marketing Manager and the Media and Content Manager to support their design needs. This will inlcude website, marketing materials, external publications and our social media channel graphics. A creative flair is essential, as well as the ability to adapt content to different audiences understanding the key objectives of each project. The Creative Lead will also possess project and time management skills to ensure the smooth running of the department. They will be expected to represent the design team in meetings and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders. The successful candidate will be able to creatively represent the business and communicate its values and objectives through industry leading output. In a fast paced and competitive industry it is essential we are on top of all trends and are seen as a progressive and dynamic institution.
- Lead and line manage the creative team at UCFB covering creative and graphic design outputs.
- Review and develop UCFB’s visual brand, to include all market and submarket groups. This may include a refresh of creative, adaption of creative in line with market research and/or the development of UCFB’s offering or new partnerships.
- Lead, plan and carry out high quality creative design work in line with UCFB’s creative guidelines. This will include design across all paid marketing activity, website look and feel, marketing collateral including UCFB’s range of print materials produced in-house.
- Act as UCFB’s brand guardian and point of reference for design and brand queries.
- Liaise with partners and suppliers where applicable to ensure high quality standards, cost effectiveness and efficiency are maintained.
- Constantly review existing creative to ensure they remain in line with the brand guidelines
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure all creative meets the requirements for the audience, adapting as necessary depending on the marketing channel used.
- Provide design guidance to the Media and Content Manager to ensure all multimedia content is in line with the brand guidelines. Providing supportive design assets as needed.
Please apply by sending your CV together with a short covering note to email@example.com Alternatively, please email Daryl to arrange a call to discuss the position.
Closing date for applications: 12th Novmeber 2021