** SEARCH CONCLUDED ** - CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER - GB TAEKWONDO
GB Taekwondo is responsible for the preparation, management and performance of elite British athletes at the Olympic Games, World and European Championships. Their athletes have achieved tremendous multi-medal performances at the last two Olympics, in London and Rio. Further to this success Britain has been awarded the hosting of major Taekwondo and Para-Taekwondo Championships and Grand Prix events in London and Manchester, in 2017 and 2019. With funding from UK Sport and Sport England in place, the organisation is now looking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to work with the Board in leading the organisation to continued success.
The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for:
- The implementation of operational processes, ensuring they contribute to world class levels of performance
- Leading the Senior Management Team, in collaboration with the Performance Director and Board, in the development and implementation of the organisation's strategy
- Ensuring the right level of governance is in place to protect the business and comply with the UK Sport and Sport England Code of Governance
- Acting as the Accountable Officer, being accountable to UK Sport for GB Taekwondo’s management and use of UK Sport funding
- Further developing the marketing and PR strategy, including the branding of GB Taekwondo’s assets
- Overseeing and developing the events strategy, including full maximisation of upcoming events
Candidates for the position should have demonstrable experience of successfully implementing a winning strategy for an organisation, whilst working in a collaborative environment. You will require experience of working within the sport sector and will have a strong knowledge of good governance principles, with an understanding of athlete welfare considerations within elite sport. In addition to great leadership and strong administrative skills, it is desirable that the candidate is able to demonstrate excellent commercial acumen, in order to develop additional revenue opportunities.
Interested candidates should apply by sending CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 4th September 2017