** SEARCH CONCLUDED ** CEO - BRITISH CANOEING
Location: Based at the National Water Sports Centre, Holme Pierrepont, Nottingham
Salary - Competitive
British Canoeing is the governing body recognised by the International Canoe Federation for paddling in the UK.
It works closely with The Scottish Canoe Association, Canoe Wales and The Canoe Association of Northern Ireland in discharging this responsibility whilst the national associations take responsibility for their own members and clubs in the devolved administrations. British Canoeing discharges this responsibility for England. It is the membership organisation for England with over 90,000 members, 380 affiliated clubs and 330 registered commercial delivery partners.British Canoeing is also the awarding body for a range of qualifications in coaching, instruction and leadership.
British Canoeing is now recruiting a Chief Executive Officer to lead the organisation through the next phase of continued growth and development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of British Canoeing’s strategy, business plans and overall performance
- Hold key stakeholder relationships with UK Sport and Sport England, ensuring the specific strengths of British Canoeing are understood
- Help build commercial revenue and maintain sponsor relationships to underpin continued investment, success and development of the sport
- Work closely with national associations to deliver success at Olympic and Paralympic Games and within the other competition disciplines
- Continue to ensure British Canoeing is an inclusive sport and that inclusivity and diversity are reflected in every aspect of British Canoeing’s work
- Work closely with the senior management team to develop the participation strategy for canoeing
- Maintain and enhance the digital and consumer-focused capabilities that have facilitated membership growth, retention, participation, event attendance and sponsorship
Candidates for the position should possess demonstrable experience of executing a successful strategy for an organisation and working effectively with a Board. The role will require strong communication skills and inspirational leadership of the Senior Management Team. For this position, it is expected that you will have a passion for sport and the outdoors, with an understanding of the requirements for outstanding elite performance. Experience of PR, the media and the ability to sustain positive partnerships with key stakeholders will also be important for this exciting leadership position.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 12th January 2021
This post is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, British Canoeing is only permitted to ask an individual information about ‘unspent’ cautions and convictions. This will be carried out through completion of a DBS Basic Check.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone taking part in our sport, including children and young people, and expect the same commitment from all staff and volunteers.
British Canoeing is an equal opportunity employer.