** SEARCH CONCLUDED** CHAIR - BRITISH JUDO
The British Judo Association is the recognised National Governing Body for the Olympic Sport of Judo in Great Britain, including England Judo, Scottish Judo, Welsh Judo and Northern Irish Judo.
The Association represents Great Britain internationally and is a member of the International Judo Federation, the European Judo Union, the Judo Confederation of the European Union, the British Olympic Association, Sport and Recreation Alliance, Commonwealth Judo Association and the Commonwealth Games Federation.
It was established in 1948 and was incorporated as a company limited by guarantee in 1978. The British Judo Association is recognised by UK Sport, Sport England, Sport Wales, Sport Northern Ireland, Sport Scotland, the British Olympic Association and the Sport and Recreation Alliance. The Board consists of 12 members, including the Chair, CEO, Home Nations representation and independent NEDs.
The British Judo Association are now recruiting a new chair, as the current chair’s term comes to an end and they are also recruiting an Independent Non Executive Director.
The position of chair comes with an honorarium and is for a 4 year term, with the potential of a further 4 year term.
The successful candidate will lead the British Judo Board to ensure achievement of the organisation’s strategic goals and a sound financial position. The organisation has six board meetings a year, normally held in Walsall.
- Demonstrable success in a senior role in the private, public and/or voluntary sector, with an understanding of the chair’s role in promoting sound governance
- An understanding of the sporting landscape in the UK and the role that sport plays in society
- The ability to consider complex issues related to evaluating strategic performance, with the aptitude to think creatively and strategically
- Possess the skills to challenge, support and present views in a clear and concise manner
- A clear commitment to improving diversity and equality and understanding the needs of under-represented groups in sport
- The Chair will be a strategic leader, with a passion for sport and a willingness to devote time, energy and effort to British Judo
The full job description and person specification can be found here https://www.britishjudo.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Chair-Candidate-Briefing-Document-V9-British-Judo-Association.pdf
Interested candidates should apply by sending your CV and a brief covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 9th June 2023.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, colour, sex, marital status, religion, ethnic origin, nationality, disability or sexual orientation.