** SEARCH CONCLUDED** - BRITISH TRIATHLON - INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
British Triathlon plays a leading role in the development and innovation of triathlon, a fast growing, dynamic and modern sport. With a remit to raise the profile and deliver the performance pathway, significant progress has been made with triathlon events in Britain being televised across Europe and Britain being recognised as a leading performer in delivering world triathlon championship events.
Twice winner of the SIA National Governing Body of the Year, British Triathlon is a company limited by guarantee and acts as the governing body for the sport and recreation of Triathlon and its associated disciplines across Great Britain, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. British Triathlon is seeking to recruit an Independent Non-Executive Director to join the Board, to provide strong strategic and commercial direction.
With a clear governance structure established and delivery of an ambitious and engaging vision for the sport, the board is seeking a commercially orientated individual who can help develop and guide British Triathlon towards its strategic goals.
With previous board or committee experience, you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the role that commercial activity plays within sport. The successful individual will be able to demonstrate independent judgement, clear strategic thinking, the ability to think creatively and a willingness to speak your own mind.
- An impressive track record of success in the private, public and/or voluntary sector
- The ability to operate effectively at board level
- A good understanding of the role that sport plays in society
- Ability to think creatively and strategically; the skills to enhance and constructively challenge current thinking at Board level
- A clear commitment to improving diversity and equality and understanding the needs of under-represented groups in sport
- A willingness and ability to develop a solid and collaborative working relationship with the executive team
- An understanding and experience of commercial partnerships and rights packaging is essential
- An understanding of broadcasting of major events and managing such relationships would be desirable
Triathlon is a young, modern and ambitious sport. As such we are keen to attract a wider pool of talent to their board to help the sport attract and integrate with a wider participant base, better reflecting today's society. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, colour, sex, marital status, religion, ethnic origin, nationality, disability or sexual orientation.
This is a voluntary role for an initial four-year term. Travel expenses are paid and provision of a full induction to the NGB's work. You will be expected to attend four Board meetings a year, which are normally held on a Saturday in Loughborough. In addition, your attendance will be encouraged at a number of triathlon events.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter that explains what motivates you to apply and how you meet the requirements by email to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm, Friday 20th April 2018