** SEARCH CONCLUDED** BRITISH JUDO - INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Legal / IT)
British Judo is the national governing body for the Olympic sport of judo in Great Britain. It looks after the performance programme for elite competition, funded by UK Sport and promotes the participation growth of the sport, which is funded by Sport England. In addition to this funding, the organisation has a membership from which it receives revenue and it also generates income from events and commercial activities.
The governing body has a strong Board of twelve members, four of whom are Independent Directors. We are currently looking to fill one of the Independent Director positions, ideally with someone who has legal and/or IT skills.
- Support and challenge the Chair, CEO and Executive team to drive and deliver theBritish Judo strategy in accordance with its mission and values
- Play a part in enabling the Board of Directors to arrive at a balanced and objective decision, offering an independent view regarding the agenda items the organisation faces (including legal, IT, performance, participation, coaching, marketing, communications, finance, people and governance)
- Attend and contribute to Board meetings, likely to be six a year, based in Birmingham
- Work with the other Board Directors and the Chair to make governance arrangements effective for British Judo and contribute to sub-committee work
- Be aware of the interests of all stakeholders (including funding agencies and the membership) and maintain close and positive relationships with key members of Sport England, UK Sport and key influencers
The ideal candidate for the role will have considerable legal expertise, preferably combined with a knowledge and awareness of IT operations. You will be able to demonstrate experience of working strategically as a member of a senior management team or Board. The successful individual will be able to demonstrate independent judgement, clear strategic thinking and the ability and a willingness to speak your own mind.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, race, colour, sex, marital status, religion, ethnic origin, nationality, disability or sexual orientation.
To apply, please send your CV with a brief covering letter, stating the reasons and motivation to be considered for this position to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 29th June 2018