** APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED ** DIRECTOR JUMPING - FEDERATION EQUESTRE INTERNATIONALE
DIRECTOR - JUMPING
Formed in 1921, the Fédération Equestre Internationale (FEI) is the governing body for all international events in Jumping, Dressage and Para Dressage, Eventing, Driving and Para Driving, Endurance, Vaulting and Reining. It establishes the regulations and approves equestrian programmes for Championships, Continental and Regional Games as well as the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
FEI promotes equestrianism in all its forms and encourages the development of the FEI equestrian disciplines throughout the world, keeping the welfare of the horse at the heart of all activities.
Today, the FEI has 137 members of National Federations and there are over 4,500 international events annually, including a number of FEI Championships and global FEI series. Over 120,000 athletes and horses are registered and women and men compete as equals.
Over 95 FEI staff are working in FEI’s Headquarters in Lausanne, ensuring the sport continues to grow and flourish, the rules are enforced, the results are processed, the international calendar is managed, and that the very values that are at the core of equestrian sport are safeguarded and promoted.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting directly to the Secretary General, the successful candidate will lead the FEI Jumping Department and monitor day-to-day operations to ensure that the department meets its goals, follows policies and procedures as well as provides services efficiently to National Federations and Stakeholders.
He / She will work closely together with the Chair of the Jumping Committee, the FEI Secretary General and various Organising Committees.
The position is based in Lausanne, Switzerland. The starting date is to be agreed upon but is available immediately.
Management of the discipline
- Responsible for the approval of the discipline’s draft schedules for all events
- Revise the discipline’s rules including of the FEI named series as well as follow-up on applications of non-FEI named series, together with Jumping Committee
- Implement the discipline’s strategy, by setting objectives and roadmaps
- Oversee and monitor the Jumping Education System including the Course Calendar and Course Directors, the Officials Exchange Programme, the Officials career pathway and follow up the FEI Officials reports
- Oversee the further development of the Jumping Education System in collaboration with the Manager Officials and the Education & Officials Department
- Oversee the approval process for appointment of Officials as well as promotion/ demotion
- Allocation of FEI Wild Cards
Management of department
- Manage the department team, and
- Establish the budget for the Jumping discipline
- Actively communicate with the different departments within Headquarters and update them especially on Jumping activities and Committee decisions which could have an impact on the other departments’ responsibilities
- Respond to various requests on Communications related issues
- Liaise with discipline Technical Committees, Board and Executive Board Members, FEI Departments, National Federations, and other stakeholders
- Establish the agendas of the Jumping Committee and other Jumping related meetings
- Establish the Jumping agenda points for meetings of the FEI Executive Board, FEI Board, General Assembly and Sports Forum as required, prepare related annexes and review the minutes
- Follow up on issues arising from meetings for Committees, Executive Board, FEI Board and General Assembly
- Liaise with Stakeholder Associations
- Follow up for the Ranking Working Groups and Associations
- Attend major and defined sports events and meetings
- Member of the Ranking Working Group
- Act as a spokesperson for the Jumping Discipline
- Significant experience in equestrian sport and with Jumping discipline
- Perfectly fluent in English. Other languages are a plus
- Ability to interact with sensitivity, efficiency and professionalism with different stakeholders of different cultural backgrounds
- Proven management skills
- Ability to respect strict deadlines and to handle high pressure situations with poise and confidence
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good team player
- Large flexibility to travel
You will be working in first class facilities, downtown Lausanne, accessible from public transportation within minutes from Lac Léman.
Your complete application can be sent directly to: email@example.com