** APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED ** DIRECTOR ENDURANCE - FEDERATION EQUESTRE INTERNATIONALE
Formed in 1921, the Fédération Équestre Internationale (FEI) is the governing body for all international events in Jumping, Dressage and Para Dressage, Eventing, Driving and Para Driving, Endurance, Vaulting and Reining. It establishes the regulations and approves equestrian programmes for Championships, Continental and Regional Games as well as the Olympic & Paralympic Games.
FEI promotes equestrianism in all its forms and encourages the development of the FEI equestrian disciplines throughout the world, keeping the welfare of the horse at the heart of all activities.
Today, the FEI has 137 members of National Federations and there are over 4,500 international events annually, including a number of FEI Championships and global FEI series. Over 120,000 athletes and horses are registered and women and men compete as equals.
Over 95 FEI staff are working in FEI’s Headquarters in Lausanne, ensuring the sport continues to grow and flourish, the rules are enforced, the results are processed, the international calendar is managed, and that the very values that are at the core of equestrian sport are safeguarded and promoted.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting directly to the Secretary General, the successful candidate will lead the FEI Endurance Department and monitor day-to-day operations to ensure that the department meets its goals, follows policies and procedures as well as provides services efficiently to National Federations and Stakeholders. He / She will work closely together with the FEI Secretary General, other FEI departments and various Organising Committees. The position is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, with immediate start date to be agreed upon but not later than 1 July 2020.
Management of the discipline
- Define Strategy for the Endurance discipline, set objectives and yearly roadmap
- Lead the Endurance Department, for implementation and follow-up of all strategies
- Follow-up strict application of discipline rules
- Create and implement sports administration processes
Management of Department
- Prepare and present required reports at board meetings
- Implement objectives for the department defined with the Endurance Committee
- Manage and follow-up of department yearly budget
- Manage of the department team members
- Oversee the advancement of all sports specific projects in the department
- Provide administrative direction and oversight for all department activities
- Actively communicate with the different departments within Headquarters and update them especially on Endurance activities and Committee decisions which could have an impact on the other departments’ responsibilities
- Respond to various requests on Communications related issues
Liaise with relevant stakeholders
- Monitor educational programs for officials
- Monitor and follow-up on performance of Officials and Organisers
- Establish regular contact and liaison with the Committee Members
- Attend major and defined sports events and meetings
- Act as a spokesperson for the Endurance Discipline
- Significant experience in equestrian sport and with Endurance discipline
- Perfectly fluent in English. Other languages are a plus
- Ability to interact with sensitivity, efficiency and professionalism with different stakeholders of different cultural backgrounds
- Proven management skills
- Ability to respect strict deadlines and to handle high pressure situations with poise and confidence
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good team player
- Large flexibility to travel
You will be working in first class facilities, downtown Lausanne, accessible from public transportation within minutes from Lac Léman.
Your complete application can be sent directly to: email@example.com