** SEARCH CONCLUDED ** ARCHERY GB - INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Finance)
An exciting opportunity exists for an Independent NED with finance expertise to join the Board of Archery GB, the National Governing Body for archery in the UK. With 45,000 members, an extensive national competition calendar, over 1000 clubs and a loyal, strong volunteer base, Archery GB facilitates medal winning performances globally at all levels and disciplines.
The organisation is funded by UK Sport and has both Olympic and Paralympic medal winning targets for the major Championships and Tokyo 2020. Further funding comes from Sport England to help facilitate the continued growth of the sport.
- Attend Board meetings, offering an independent view to discussions in order to assist the Board of Directors to arrive at a balanced and objective decision
- Chair the Audit and Risk Committee and present the annual accounts to fellow Board members
- Work with the other Board Directors and the Chair to make governance arrangements effective
- Be aware of the interests of all stakeholders (including funding agencies and the membership)
- Strategic oversight of the 4 year strategy and annual plans.
Candidates should have a finance background, with demonstrable success in a senior executive, or NED position. A recognised accountancy qualification is desirable and it is anticipated that you would have an interest in sport.
The position is voluntary with expenses paid. The term is 4 years, with a maximum of two terms permitted. There are 6 Board meetings a year which are normally in London. The head office is based at a hub of sporting excellence in the UK with world-class facilities, at the National Sport Centre in Lilleshall, Shropshire.
Archery GB has a diversity policy in compliance with the government’s Code for Sports Governance and welcomes applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send an e mail to this address for further information.