** SEARCH CONCLUDED ** HEAD OF CLIENT SERVICES
AB is the UK’s longest established internal communications agency and is the leading player in its sector when measured by size, turnover, digital innovation and brand reputation. AB creates content and builds channels forIt creates internal channels - print publications, websites and apps - and multi-media content, plus offers research and consultancy services.
With ambitious plans for growth, underpinned by strategic business targets, there is now a rare and exciting opportunity to join AB's senior management team and play a central role in its future success.
You will be AB’s senior authority on communications, advising clients on their internal communication strategies and plans, and advising your AB colleagues on how best to serve some of the UK’s most complex organisations.
You will be a clear, analytical thinker and impressive communicator. You will have natural authority and flair based on an exceptional understanding of your subject. Clients and colleagues will be keen to seek out your input and guidance.
Reporting to AB’s managing director, you will be leading the account management team and playing a vital advisory role at a senior level. You will be able to influence and build trust, plus have the confidence to challenge conventional thinking and help AB exploit new opportunities.
You will be able to demonstrate impressive experience of creating and delivering communications for complex, multi-issue organisations working directly with CEOs and other C-suite leaders. Working closely with AB’s managing director, you will play a central role in winning, retaining and deepening client relationships at the most senior levels.
You will have approximately 10 years’ experience in corporate communications, with a good understanding of employee communications. You will have managed business-as-usual channels – face-to-face, digital and printed – change and transformation projects, campaigns and engagement projects. You will have led research and measurement projects.
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Translate clients’ business strategy and organisational priorities into tangible communications outcomes.
- Write powerful IC proposals based on strategic insight Develop clear objectives for clients’ work, design and implement measurement projects, reach thought-provoking solutions and make solid recommendations
- Play a leading role in seeking out and converting new commercial opportunities with existing and potential clients.
- Take - and challenge - client briefs, advising your AB colleagues on how best to respond.
AB is an SME operating in a highly competitive market with demanding, high profile clients. You must be a dynamic all-rounder, happy to pitch-in, be flexible and apply your skills wherever they may be needed. You must have the confidence and self-assurance to create solutions and deliver results even with limited resources and support.
This is both a strategic and hands-on role. Despite its long history, AB is still transforming. You must be comfortable operating in a fluid and changing environment.
You will be joining a strong culture, founded on family values. AB are highly collaborative and inclusive. They care deeply about each other, their clients and work. The right candidate will share this approach.
- Be able to demonstrate commercial and entrepreneurial acumen. Demonstrate your ability to advise, guide and coach others, particularly your ability to lead and develop a team.
- Demonstrate curiosity and a commitment to personal learning and development.
- Explain the value of internal communication and be able to design measurement that proves this value.
- Demonstrate exceptionally clear strategic thinking, particularly the ability to determine the root cause of an issue, identify solutions and articulate this thinking to others.
- Demonstrate your ability to support leaders and other senior communicators and influence their thinking.
- Provide clear evidence of working across a broad range of media/channels, being able to harness new media effectively with a strong knowledge of how this impacts business performance.
THE ROLE WILL INVOLVE:
- Building and growing client relationships – spotting opportunities for AB to better serve their clients and grow accounts.
- Leading the account management team – helping to develop account management as a robust function within the business.
- Playing a key role in winning new business by developing proposals, leading pitches and delivering presentations to clients.
- Supporting AB’s management team by bringing internal communications expertise to the table.
- Helping the senior team conduct regular client reviews with a view to identifying where they can add further value and deepen their client relationships.
- Ensuring AB is making the most of its successes through creating compelling studies and other persuasive marketing material in support of its business strategy.